With just 5 ingredients, create an artistically tasty Japanese-American snack!
My mom and sisters and I used to make cute bento box lunches together. We also had Japanese candy sushi. If only we had thought to do something like this! Hehe.
Rice Krispies Cereal Sushi
Makes about 24 pieces
5 cups Rice Krispies breakfast cereal
3 tbsp unsalted butter
10-oz bag of mini marshmallows
1 box of Fruit Roll-Ups (can substitute using other similar flat candy)
Gummies of your choice
1. Place marshmallows and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about a minute then stir.
2. Microwave another 30 seconds, then mix again. The marshmallows should be completely melted, and the mixture should be sticky, but workable. If you still can see marshmallow chunks, microwave another 30 seconds.
3. Add Rice Krispies to the marshmallow mixture, stirring to combine. As soon as everything is coated, pour the Rice Krispies onto a large baking sheet lined with wax paper. Spread them out into a thin, even layer.
4. Roll out a Fruit Roll-Up as “seaweed.” Cut a rectangle of Rice Krispies treat then cover it with the fruity seaweed. Flip it over so the seaweed is on the bottom.
5. Put your own gummy candy on one edge of the Rice Krispie treat, then slowly roll one side of it toward the other edge. Keep tightening the roll, when the sides meet, trim any excess Rice Krispies and Fruit Roll-Up.
6. Use a sharp knife to slice the roll into sushi. Serve these to all your friends who will be surprised by this pop design hybrid!